Picture
When I was young my father would take my brother and me hunting on cold Kansas mornings. I often wonder whether my affinity for getting up early was instilled by those wonderful times with my Dad.

These days I find pre-dawn pots of coffee are a fixture of my life because my friend Romeo is addicted to the quality of light found in those first minutes when the sun crests the horizon. I, too, have long been fascinated by "the magic hour" as it is referred to by cinematographers and directors intent on capturing the warmth cast by the sun's disc when it hangs low on the horizon. In fact, one of my favorite movies of all time is Days of Heaven by the great director Terrence Malick and starring Richard Gere, Brooke Adams, Sam Shepard and Linda Manz. Malick insisted on shooting the majority of the picture in the 30 minutes or so available only at dawn and dusk during "the magic hour." If you haven't seen it I highly urge you to go watch it on Netflix.

Today we got a late start due to me soldering the wrong connectors on a video transmitter but we still caught some of those gorgeous warm rays when we arrived at the old cement factory outside of Davenport, California. Though the place has been shut down since 2010, it is still locked up and patrolled by a roaming security guard so that our only option was to fly the site from across the highway. We decided to not put the big hexcopter in the air and, instead, flew the factory with our small Phantom 2 quads.

The weather was glorious and there was something eerie and almost haunting in the quiet old iron towers and tanks that stood high above the surrounding pine trees. We made several flights until a pair of gentlemen politely asked us to move so they could set up their fruit stand. We were happy to pack up as we both were already craving the heavenly heuvos rancheros that we've come to crave at the Davenport Roadhouse just a couple miles down Highway One.

Comments

11/26/2014 4:09am

Thanks for the information. You provided food for thought. Thanks for sharing the information. All the best to you.

Thanks your page is quite handy for me. I really really feel incredibly happy when determined your page.

10/14/2015 1:09am

This is the age of science and we can enjoy the felicities that science gifted us. Now we can make videos of unreachable place and can collect new information and knowledge in this way.

11/22/2015 11:11pm

Thanks for the great tutorial. It is nice to go through the process at a high level.

I got the best articles on this davenport California. In that place I have watched something that was magic hour in that place. Everything is interesting to me to have this great articles and everything of main.

09/12/2016 6:25am

All are getting better and interesting tips here about davenport and sharks tooth rock. Very useful and informative tips you can get with this visual-aerials site keep doing in the same way with better info.

09/28/2016 3:45am

I read such a large number of article however this one is the best i have read.you give exceptionally educational information. I will impart this web journal to my companions so they additionally get some valuable information.thank for offering to us.

12/01/2016 11:37am

The way that the advance may have been affirmed with no enthusiasm for record of loan repayment, implies that the borrower might just be over-reached out when of graduation.

12/03/2016 6:43am

One motivation behind why understudies utilize understudy credit solidification is the escape from changing loan costs that arbitrarily go up. Some are simply hoping to make less installments a month and a lower installment at that.

12/04/2016 2:35pm

We as a whole know training is costly, regardless of which course you pick. You may have a grant or give yet these alone don't generally take care of your school costs. This is the place you should seriously mull over getting an understudy credit.

12/04/2016 4:15pm

Additionally the guardians can acquire as much as they need under the unsubsidized advance. A disadvantage of the unsubsidized understudy credit is that it comes at higher loan fee. The guardians additionally ought to have a decent FICO rating to apply for the credit.

12/04/2016 8:59pm

The understudy ordinarily gets a more drawn out timeframe to discount the advance in the event that they take the understudy obligation union credit. Really, if your consolidated understudy advance sum is bigger then you will get a more drawn out time to discount your advance sum.